Ethics and Behavioral Health
What Is The Relationship Of Ethics In Behavioral Health?
Ethics may be defined as the shared, written beliefs (individual at the micro level, group at the mezzo level, and organization/societal at the macro level) a group or individual maintains about what constitutes correct and proper behavior. Think of ethics as standards of conduct that guide the choices behavioral health care experts make, moment to moment, as they organize and provide care for clients.
Articles About Ethics
A new twist in the evolving opioid epidemic that flared up in regions across the United States a few years ago has clinicians and health professionals like myself hopeful that an end is near. The epidemic, which peaked at claiming 72,000 lives in 2017, has grown to be...
My head is swirling in disbelief. My heart is aching. Each day hundreds of our young ones are dying from alcohol, tobacco, opioids and other drugs. Anxiety and teen depression rates are soaring. Marijuana is legal and is being touted as a drug for the rich and famous....
By Louise Stanger Ed.D, LCSW, CDWF, CIP & Roger Porter When there is a new shop that opens in West Hollywood, I make a point of paying a visit - a way of sizing up the new neighbors. For this visit, I strolled past Gelsons, heading east down Santa Monica Blvd.,...
This article was printed in the January 2017 edition of Recovery Plus magazine. [pdf-embedder url="https://www.allaboutinterventions.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Recovery-Plus-Jan-2017-Louise-Stanger-preview-2.pdf" title="Recovery Plus Jan 2017 - Louise Stanger...
[Infographic] Ethics in Mental & Behavioral Health VISIBLE - VOCAL - VISIONARY Mental and Behavioral Healthcare has become big business, surpassing all other medical needs in the United States to become the top medical expense. This boom has brought with it new...
Ethics : The NewFrontier While Every profession has ethical standards and every mental health / substance abuse professional is required to take a course on law and ethics .ethical dilemmas continue to rear their ugly heads every day in private practices and...
Take the STANDARD of CARE CHALLENGE.
- Develop Mission Statements for your organizations
- Articulate the Organizations Values – Obtain Appropriate Licensure
- Develop or Revisit your organizations Ethical Code of Conduct
- Let the world know – your Mission, Value and Ethical Statement – put on your websites
- Use the back of your Business Card for your Mission Statement
- Work tirelessly to elevate the Behavioral Health Care Field. If we do not, the field will fail.
Along with that please be sure and
- Review your professional ethics based on your licenses and certifications
- Sign the Fair Practices Act Pledge
- Engage in Continuing Education