For Fellow Professionals
Do you remember the days when you used to be excited about work each day? Do you wish you could get that energy back?
Or maybe you just need a new perspective on a tough case?
Give your career a much needed boost! Rejuvenate your day-to-day with Dr. Stanger’s influence.
There are a multitude of ways that Dr. Stanger can support your professional development, and that of your co-workers, colleagues, or students. Often times finding opportunities to continue learning outside of a university, clinical, or employer-sponsored program can be difficult. Additionally, taking time off for multi-day conferences can be burdensome and result in decreased profitability for you or your company. Allow Dr. Stanger to work with you as a mentor, lecturer, or trainer depending on your specific situation and enhance your professional career with her decades of experience, handsome credentials, and natural teaching ability.
Below are a variety of ways that Dr. Stanger can work with you and your precise situation. Feel free to choose from a category below, or create your own personalized program. A follow up call to Dr. Stanger will finalize the details you are looking for.
Trainings & Workshops
- The Stanger Intervention Process: An Eleven-Step Process for a Twelve-Step Solution
- Solution-Focused Therapy – What is it? How to Integrate It into Your Practice
- Stumbling Blocks to Recovery: The Family: Can’t Live With Them Can’t Live Without Them
- Spirituality and Recovery
- Young Adult Interventions and Recovery
- Using Technology to Create Health and Wellness in Families
- Family Estate and Wealth Lawyers: Working With Distressed Families
- Motivational Interviewing, Solution Focused Coaching, Cognitive Behavioral and 12-Step Facilitation
- Strategies for Working With the Resistant Client and Their Families
- Process Addictions of the Wealthy: Shifting Means from Destructive to Constructive
For more information, call 619-507-1699
Mentoring & Coaching
If you are a licensed (LCSW, PsychD, MFT, MD, BRN, CADAC, BRII, BRI I, BRN, CRC) or license-eligible professional, mentoring is available to you. One-on-one and small-group coaching is available for those wanting to learn more about working with families facing addiction, grief and loss, and mental health issues. If you want to learn how to integrate Motivational Interviewing, Solution-Focused and Cognitive Behavioral therapies into your practice, you may find mentoring a good way to enhance your practice skills.
“If you are tired of being tired, because your client seems like he or she is not making any progress while running you ragged, you may want to learn how to heal yourself by integrating an intervention processes into your practice.”
For more information, call 619-507-1699
Family Addiction Program Development
There are so many books out on addiction and mental health disorders. In my family coaching program I use a lot of bibliotherapy. In addition to your own professional journals, Hazelden Press is probably the largest publisher in the addiction field, so check out their professional section. It always stimulates new ideas for me. Likewise, Gurze is the largest publisher on eating disorders.
The Journal of Alcohol Studies comes highly recommended by Dr. Stanger because its publications include the most recent and up-to-date alcohol research.
If you have a question about a resource, or have one to share, please contact Dr. Stanger.
Additionally, the web offers a cornucopia of information on myriad web sites.
- Join Together
- National Clearinghouse for Alcohol and Other Drugs
- Center for Substance Abuse Treatment –TIP and TAP
- Motivational Interviewing
- The Institute for Solution Focused Therapy
- The National Association of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy
- Marsha M. Linehann, PHD Cognitive Behavioral Treatment for The Borderline Personality
- Stephanie Covington, PHD, LCSW
- International Institute for trauma and Addiction Professionals
A collection of Dr. Stanger’s past trainings can be found here.