“Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Created by Dr. Stanger. Simply answer yes or no to each question.
- Have you lost time from work or school due to gambling?
- Has gambling ever made your home life unhappy?
- Has gambling affected your reputation?
- Have you ever felt remorse after gambling?
- Have you ever gambled to get money to pay debts or otherwise solve financial difficulties?
- Has gambling caused a decrease in your ambition or efficiency?
- After losing a bet, have you felt you must return as soon as possible to win back your losses?
- After a win do you have a strong urge to return and win more?
- Have you gambled until your last dollar was gone?
- Have you ever borrowed money to finance your gambling?
- Have you ever sold anything to finance gambling?
- Have you been reluctant to use “gambling money” for normal expenses?
- Has gambling made you careless of the welfare of yourself or your family?
- Have you ever gambled for longer than you had planned?
- Have you ever gambled to escape worry or trouble?
- Have you ever committed, or considered committing, an illegal act to finance gambling?
- Has gambling caused difficulty in sleeping?
- Have arguments, disappointments or frustrations caused you to want to gamble?
- Have you ever had an urge to celebrate a good fortune by a few hours of gambling?
- Have you ever considered self-harm or suicide as a result of your gambling?
If you have answered yes to five or more of these, talking with Dr. Stanger will give you the opportunity to explore the possibilities available to you.
Source: Gambling Anonymous