Internet Sex Addiction Screening Test
“Either you run the day, or the day runs you.” – Jim Rohn
Created by Dr. Stanger. Simply answer yes or no to each question.
- I have some sexual sites bookmarked.
- I spend more than five hours per week using my computer for sexual pursuits.
- I have joined sexual sites to gain access to online sexual material.
- I have purchased sexual products online.
- I have searched for sexual material through an Internet search engine.
- I have spent more money for online sexual material than I planned.
- Internet sex has sometimes interfered with certain aspects of my life.
- I have participated in sexually related chats.
- I have a sexualized username or nickname that I use on the Internet.
- I have masturbated while on the Internet.
- I have accessed sexual sites from other computers besides my home.
- No one knows I use my computer for sexual purposes.
- I have tried to hide what is on my computer or monitor so others cannot see it.
- I have stayed up after midnight to access sexual material online.
- I use the Internet to experiment with different aspects of sexuality (e.g., bondage, homosexuality, anal sex, etc.)
- I have my own website which contains some sexual material.
- I have made promises to myself to stop using the Internet for sexual purposes.
- I sometimes use cybersex as a reward for accomplishing something (e.g., finish a project, stressful day, etc.)
- When I am unable to access sexual information online, I feel anxious, angry, or disappointed.
- I have increased the risks I take online (give out name and phone number, meet people offline, etc.)
- I have punished myself when I have used the Internet for sexual purposes (e.g., time-out from computer, cancel Internet subscription, etc.)
- I have met face to face with someone I met online for romantic purposes.
- I use sexual humor and innuendos with others while online.
- I have run across illegal sexual material while on the Internet.
General Questions about Sex Addiction:
- I repeatedly attempt to stop certain sexual behaviors and fail.
- I have continued my sexual behavior despite it having caused me problems.
- I often regret my online sexual behavior afterwards.
- I have lied often to conceal my sexual behavior.
- I believe I am a sex addict.
- I worry about people finding out about my sexual activities.
- I hide some of my sexual behavior from others.
- When I have sex, I feel depressed afterwards.
If five or more of the above are true, talking with Dr. Stanger will give you the opportunity to explore the possibilities available to you.